|DelFosse Vineyards and Winery is pleased to offer educational and informative guided tours of its vineyards and winery operations, together with an opportunity to sample award winning wines and food from its Bistro Menu.
We now offer the following options for wine tastings, vineyard tours and vertical tastings of various vintages of our red wines.
We have 2 tasting lists, the CLASSIC list and the RESERVE list.
The CLASSIC list includes 7-8 wines and is $5 per person.
The RESERVE list includes the wines on the CLASSIC list and adds another 7-8 wines from our high end Reserve wines. It is $10 per person.
Enjoy your tasting
Vineyards and Winery Tours
Introduction to Vineyards and Winery operations includes discussions on vineyards operations with a short walk in the vineyards and discussions on winemaking operations in the tank and barrel room of the winery
Tours are conducted every hour on the hour on Saturdays and Sundays from 12 PM to 4 PM. Call in advance to schedule.
$7.50 per person.
Explore the world of a Winery
Vineyard Tour Series
- Minimum 15 persons (or call to make arrangements)
- Prior appointment required.
- $20 per person. Single payment in advance. Call winery at 434-263-6100 to make reservation. Tours last from 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Guided Tour includes:
Arrangements for light food service can also be made.
- Gather at the Tasting Room.
- Walk to vineyard for viticulture presentation
- Tour Winery Building Operations, Barrels and Tanks' room.
- Talk on oenology and wine making processes.
- CLASSIC Tasting of 6-8 wines
- Souvenir glass
- Buy wine at a 10% discount
Join our Vineyard Manager for a series of informative vineyard tours. These tours will be conducted on a specific schedule to coincide with important events taking place in the vineyard during the growing season. This is an opportunity to understand the vineyard life cycle. The tours will focus on the following:
For the upcoming schedule, please visit our events page. These tours will generally be conducted twice during the day and be accompanied by a BBQ and music by local artists. There is a fee to attend, however they are FREE for Wine Club Members.
- Bud break (usually in early April)
- Blooming (in May)
- Veraison (early August)
- Harvest (in September and early October)
- Pruning (in January and February)
Vertical Wine Tasting Series
Join our Winemaker for a Series of Vertical Wine Tastings of our Reserve Red Wines including Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Verdot, Malbec and Meritage. Please check our events page to see those that are currently scheduled. The vertical tastings usually include 3 to 5 vintages.